Centre for Reasearch - Call for paper
With a view to reinforce the research culture at MGI and incentivizing its academics and researchers to become more research-active, a Centre for Research (CFR) has been set up at the Mahatma Gandhi Institute since September 2020. The aim of the CFR is to create the space, conditions, and environment conducive to the boosting up of a robust institutional research culture in line with the existing Research Policy Framework. The Centre for Research currently hosts three journals, namely, the Journal of Mauritian Studies (JMS), the Journal of Indological Studies and Indian Studies (JISIS), and the Journal of Fine Arts and Performing Arts (ART’r). Academics, Research scholars from MGI & RTI other HEIs in Mauritius, or academics from abroad are invited to submit papers for the Journal of Indological Studies and Indian Studies (JISIS). This journal provides a platform for the dissemination of peer-reviewed research outputs in the fields of Indian Philosophy, Asian Languages, and Literature. The first issue of the Journal will cover the following Theme: Feminism.
Sub Themes may include but are not limited to the following:
- Gender Issues
- Sexual objectification and oppression
- Emancipation of women in the social and political fields
- Fashion and Feminism
- The impact of feminism on modern education
- women Empowerment
Abstract and Paper Submission Guidelines:
- All participants are required to submit an abstract (in English or French) of not more than 250 words.
- Abstracts will be reviewed by a Scientific Committee and authors will be informed of the outcome.
- The full paper should be between 7000 to 8000 words excluding references, table of contents, charts, footnotes, endnotes, etc.
- Upon approval of abstracts, scholars/ researchers must submit their paper along with their names, respective University/ Institution affiliation, brief bio-data, mailing, and email addresses.
- Upon submission and approval, full papers will be sent to two reviewers for a double–blind peer review.
- The Scientific Committee will communicate with the author/s as regards the four following outcomes of the paper:
- Submission Rejected
- Submission Accepted Upon Bringing Major Changes
- Submission Accepted Upon Bringing Minor Changes
- Submission Accepted without any Changes
- For submission in English and French, submissions should be in Word document, Times New Roman, font size: 12 with 1.5 spacing.
- For Asian Languages, the following MS Unicode fonts must be used:
|Asian Languages||MS Unicode Font||Size|
|Urdu||Jameel Noori Nastaleeq||14|
- Harvard system of referencing is compulsory.
- Papers should be free from grammatical and typographical errors.
- Appropriate diacritical marks should be used where required.
- The name, post, and email address of the author must be clearly mentioned at the beginning of the paper.
- The submitted paper must be original.
- Copyright will be as per the Institution’s (MGI) IPR Policy.
- The paper should be compiled in the following order:
- title page
- main text introduction/rationale
- research methodology
- conclusion and recommendations
- declaration of Interest Statement
- appendices (as appropriate)
- to give a list of captions
- table(s) with caption(s) (on individual pages)
Dates of submission / Important dates
|1||Last date for receiving abstract (English)||21 August 2023|
|2||Notification of selected abstracts||21 September 2023|
|3||Last Date for receiving full paper||21 December 2023|
Selected papers will be published in the refereed volume of the E-Journal of Indological and Indian Studies by the Mahatma Gandhi Institute.