Safety and Health Unit of Mahatma Gandhi Institute
This Safety and Health unit is engaged in ensuring that the Institute comply with the Occupational Safety and Health Act 2005 (OSHA 2005) and related regulations. The goal of this unit is to inculcate a Safety Culture within the Institution.
SAFETY AND HEALTH POLICY
Under the Occupational Safety and Health Act 2005, Act No. 28 of 2005,
Section 6, Sub Section 1 (a): Special duties of employers
Our statement of general policy is:
- To develop a safety culture at the Mahatma Gandhi Institute;
- To provide and sustain a safe working environment;
- To consult with our employees on matters affecting their Safety and Health;
- To provide information, instruction and supervision for employees;
- To design and implement appropriate Safety and Health training programmes;
- To prevent accidents and cases of work-related ill health; and
- To review and revise this policy as and when necessary and at regular intervals as decided by the Safety and Health Committee and the MGI/RTI Council.