Lecturer | Design and Communication Department
Nooreen Lallmamode is a full-time lecturer in Advertising and Visual Communication at School of Fine Arts, Mahatma Gandhi Institute since July 2016. She obtained her MA in Brands, Communication and Culture from Goldsmiths University, the 3rd top ranked University of London. She had been awarded an Indo Mauritian Scholarship (2005 – 2010) to pursue her studies at Karnataka Chitrakala Parishath, Bangalore University where she specialised her degree in Applied Arts (Graphic Design).
Bagging 5 years of work experience in advertising agencies as graphic designer and brand strategist, Nooreen has proven to be a dedicated, result driven asset as a course leader whereby students are constantly nurturing creative, design led skills; keeping pace with industrial needs. Her main strengths are in Branding, Advertising and Research Methodologies. She is passionate about CSR and contributes in social work at TIPA, SOS Children Village during her free time. She participates actively in the strategic deployment of MGI’S visibilities by participating in seminars, conferences, designing the MGI website, Designing communication materials for Career Fair, Salon de Mai card invitation, Marketing courses at Career Expo organised at UOM and SVICC. She is also part of the Quality Assurance Team member for textbooks at MGI.
Nooreen has been appointed Head of Design and Communication department since 2018. Her aim is to rebrand the Department as a space where design practice, industrial needs, art practice can co-exist as these are the pillars which sustain the existence of an educational institution.
Her vision for the course has been an amalgam of what she grasped during her Master degree in London and her work experience in India and Mauritius. Nooreen firmly believes in a collaborative and open working method with students and professionals. Below are a few site visits that she has organised since she joined the department:
- Caractère Ltd 2016 ( Offset printing, Digital printing and packaging design)
- Seriplus Ltd 2016, 2018 ( 3D Advertising structure, signage, digital and offset printing, packaging design)
- Government Printing Unit, 2017 (Traditional printing, Book binding, gold foiling,digital department)
- Redhouse Mc Cann advertising agency in 2017
- IPC Printing , 2018 (Corporate design printing, Luxurious magazine printing, paper selection, notebook designs; process of printing for magazine and adverts)
- La Sentinelle Printing department, 2018 (Color separation, page layout design,traditional to digital printing and online design media)
- Eon Reality in 2018
- Dizz Interactive advertising agency in 2018
- M& Co strategic solution, part of OXO Advertising agency in 2018
The need in organising seminars regularly, one to one interaction on topics which are trending in the Advertising field with creative leads has been a first step in bridging the gap between the industry and student’s expectations.
A list of Workshops/ seminars she has facilitated:
- Art Direction workshop by Senior Brand designer, Capgraph agency in 2016
- Digital Brand strategist at Circus; case studies on Digital advertising 2016
- Seminar organised by Media and Communication department at University of
- Mauritius with regard to the role of Advertising in Mauritius and the press
- Year 4 Advertising Department students were coached to work on real client project for a non profit organisation, SOS Children Villages by Fundraising and Marketing Manager, Fundraising and PR Dept
- Illustration and Caricature for comic book by Evan Sohun in 2016
- Nanda Pavaday delivered a presentation on the importance of advertising agency in Mauritius
- Imiloa, Priya Ramkissoon engaged students throughout her journey as an art entrepreneur in Mauritius
- Head of Marketing department at Grey Worldwide agency workshop with marketing department students 2018
- Head of Media Planning at Touch point, showcased important tools used to plan medias on a long term in Mauritius and share valuable insights
- Head of Digital Communication at Quantum Media Ltd, delivered an engaging and interesting presentation about the importance of digital marketing and the key structure for it.
She aims to deliver a strong employment record by equipping students to fully embrace the advertising culture of Mauritius. Instigating rigorous analytical research, responding to real client situational brief, the students project works are infused with unique design sensitivity often manifested through creative medium of communication which strengthens their technical and academic skillsets.
Mauritius ethos and cultural value in brands
Brands affiliation to CSR | Brand management
Online economy Behaviour of Brands on social media platforms in the Mauritian economy
Seminars and Conferences
Presented academic paper at “Global trends in Management, IT and Governance; E-world conference organised by Open University and University of Kwazulu-Natal, South Africa in November 2017 ; “Is Digital, Interactive Marketing changing the Landscape and Understanding of Marketing in a Developing Economy, Mauritius?”
Presented academic paper at the 10th Edition of the UOM Research Week in September 2017 under the theme "Connecting Research to the Industry and Community"; “Brands and their affiliation to CSR in a developing economy, Mauritius
Attended the Brand Summit conferences organised by Minds Initiatives Ltd 2016, 2017regrouping the top of the mind Mauritian Brands which have been helpful in collecting data analytics and brand positioning in courses deployed to students.
Participated in Salon de Mai 2018 at Mahatma Gandhi Institute, Moka, Title Exhibition 50 Years of Independence of Mauritius, 50 artists, 50 Artworks. Art Direction and Design of outreach communication material such as Catalogue, Website, Signage, Video production and awareness campaign.
Participated in Salon de Mai 2017 at Mahatma Gandhi Institute, Moka, Mauritius; Print Adverts series of 2 Acrylic sheets “60 x 40” “Consumer Manifesto 1 and Consumer Manifesto 2”
Participated in a global crowdsourcing movement of Illustrations hosted by Deepak Ramalo in 2016 in India. Article featured in Buzz feed India; Artwork entitled: ‘Under the Hijab is Beauty Inside Out Watercolor on paper