School of Indological Studies
- To cater for the national and regional needs in the fields of Philosophy, Sanskrit, Indology and Theology.
- To contribute in the moral, spiritual and cultural up-liftment of the country through academic and cultural programmes.
- To mount DE Courses in Indian Culture, Epic Studies, Sanskrit and Comparative Philosophy.
- To promote the centrality of philosophical/logical thinking.
- To organize Talks, Seminars, Conferences, Round Table Discussions related to national issues and for the better dissemination of Intercultural Thought and Values.
- To actively involve youth in activities pertaining to promotion of peace, human rights, social cohesion, values and personal development.
- To develop Life Long Learning Programmes.
- To encourage academics and students to undertake research on themes that are of national interest and regional interest.
- To Provide consultancy services (facilities).
- To contribute in promoting better quality of life in terms of values, spirituality and critical thinking.
- To develop a new multidisciplinary approach to Indological Studies that creates a discourse between Indian and Western Traditions.
DEPARTMENTS OF THE SCHOOL OF INDOLOGICAL STUDIES
- Department of Philosophy
- Department of Sanskrit
- Department of Indology
ICCR CHAIR OF SANSKRIT & INDIAN PHILOSOPHY
The School benefits from the expertise of the ICCR Chair in Sanskrit & Indian Philosophy under an MoU with the Indian Council for Cultural Relations.
- Prof Piyali Palit
- Prof Ramesh Bharadwaj
- Prof Devendranath Tiwari
- Prof Abha Singh
COURSES AND PROGRAMMES OF STUDIES OFFERED
Department of Philosophy
- M.A. Indian Philosophy (P/T)
- B.A. (Hons) Indian Philosophy (F/T)
- B.A. (Hons) Indian Philosophy (P/T)
- Diploma in Indian Philosophy (P/T)
- PGCE in Hinduism (in collaboration with MIE)
- Certificate Course in Gandhian and Peace Studies (GPS)
- Certificate in Behavioral and Professional Ethics (BPE)
Department of Sanskrit
- M.A. Sanskrit (P/T)
- B.A. (Hons) Sanskrit (P/T)
- Diploma in Sanskrit (P/T)
- Foundation Course in Sanskrit (P/T)
- Basic Course in Sanskrit (P/T) Beginners’ Course in Sanskrit (P/T)
Department of Indology
- Certificate Course in Ayurveda and Yoga Awareness
- Stand Alone Module: The Philosophy of Vedic Chanting
- Basic Course in Vastu
- Philosophy of Bhāgvatam
- International Day of Yoga
- Sanskrit Dinam
- UNESCO World Philosophy Day
- ICCR Lecture
- Regular Talks on issues affecting the daily life on the Mauritian Society